Monday, March 16, 2009

Hil - top 10 performances of "Burton" on "One Tree" :)

Alright, so..................Kim (shades) and I were skyping a few minutes ago, talking about Hilarie's wicked performance on OTH tonight, and totally added it to one of her top 5 performances. Then we kept talking and discussing and threw our top 5 out there. Discussed some more, then Kim said, "totally blogging a top 10 HB performace," and I told her she stole my idea since I was basically going to do the same. Long story short, Kim and I were so enthralled by her performance tonight, that we both decided to put up OUR favorite top 10 moments of HB. I hope you all like it, and feel free to comment and throw your top faves in the comments when you leave em'
_______________________
10. "Who Will Survive, and What Will be Left of Them" (Season 3) - Peyton comforts Brooke after SHES the one who got shot. Piggy back ride
9. "You Call it Madness, But I Call it Love" (Season 4) - Brooke & Peyton ending scene on the front porch
8. "Truth, Bitter Truth" (Season 2) - When Peyton talked to the girls about doing coke.
7. "The Wind That Blew My Heart Away" (Season 3) - When Ellie dies
6. "Don't Dream it's Over" (Season 5) - Peytons at cemetary and heart-shaped leaf falls
5. "Prom Night at Hater High" (Season 4) - Brooke / Peyton argument/fight scene in this eppy. It was just amazing. Hil really showed how much P. Sawyer was hurting throughout the times Brooke wasn't there. Totally rocked it and showed how broken Peyton truly was.
4. "With Tired Eyes, Tired Minds, and Tired Souls We Slept" (Season 3)- Peyton and Lucas library scene
3. "Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get what I want" (Season 5) - When Peyton calls Brooke crying and tells her that Lindsey asked Lucas to marry her
2 "Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get what I want" (Season 5) - When Peyton tells Lucas if he needs for her to let go, then she's gonna do it
1. "You, Me, and The Bottle Make Three" (Season 6) - Entire opening sequence with Lucas was just, breathtaking and earthshattering and whole and ugh, there weren't enough words for it. Just beautiful.
____________
Those are my top.

And hey, make sure to wear green guys :) As nick said..."so go green- so go pro"

~A

9 Comments


  1. Kim says:

    Ok totally forgot about half of these. Your list might be better than mine. :-( Actually no, I take that back. ;-)

    March 16, 2009 at 11:10 PM

  2. Anonymous

    I like your list better only because you have one of my favorite scenes higher up the list than Kim lol. Your number 2. I have yet to watch the new epi but your lists are making me excited.

    Good post ;-)

    -Astrid

    March 16, 2009 at 11:23 PM

  3. Neera says:

    You have a lot of great choices here. Love them, and pretty much any scene that involves BP is sure to be my favorite haha. Good post! I can't think of any off the top of my head that's not on the list though. Will have to get back to you :P

    Neera

    March 16, 2009 at 11:55 PM

  4. titania (VerĂ³nica) says:

    Good list Amber, but I miss one of my favourite scenes ever, in 5x06 "Don't dream it's over" (the books fight)... Hilarie did an awesome job, I was totally feeling what Peyton was feeling in this exact moment... and Chad was terrific too.

    March 17, 2009 at 5:58 AM

  5. Anonymous

    Hey... I follow / found your blog through SGP and am sometimes in the chat...

    last night's episode / lucas&peyton scenes were absolutely heart wrenching but beautifully done... i was crying my eyes out, and it would definitely be my #1 scene as well, if i had a list :)

    my other favorite scene would be season 5 when she was throwing the books at luke from the shelf and screaming at him. that was a lot of raw emotion...

    March 17, 2009 at 6:56 AM

  6. JaclyneJaye says:

    These are all amazing scenes/episodes. Hilarie really knows how to bring out the emotion, powerful stuff. Last nights was incredibly heartbreaking, and tragic, but so wonderfully brought out by both Chad and Hil! Love them! Thanks for sharing!

    March 17, 2009 at 8:33 AM

  7. Stargazer says:

    Excellent Amber! Another favorite of mine is from the "Dare Night" episode ~ the way that Peyton and Mouth interact with Mouth's grandpa ... it brought a tear to my eye!

    Thank you for the good memories ...

    Smiles,
    Angie

    March 18, 2009 at 11:45 AM

  8. Stargazer says:

    Ooooooh ... I remembered another one that I wanted to share! I believe that it was from Over The Hills And Far Away, after Peyton realized that she still loved Lucas ... the last scene of the rehersal dinner ~ Mouth was sick, so Lucas had to fill in. It was the scene from bed where Lucas (as Nathan) says I Love You. You then see a multitude of Peyton/Lucas scenes flash by, then Peyton with teary eyes say I Love You Too!

    I totally loved that scene!

    Smiles,
    Angie

    March 18, 2009 at 11:57 AM

  9. Stephanie says:

    Holy wow!! I completely agree with the number one as Monday's episode... I was sooooo impressed by her acting. It was so beleivable and I was bawling my eyes out during it. Especially the part about "maybe the whole point of you and me and all the moments we have shared...." I lost it.... and keep watching it over and over again... still crying...Hilarie did an AMAZING job. And your number 2 is also my number two as well!

    March 19, 2009 at 7:19 PM

Leave a Comment