Friday, March 20, 2009

Gratitude...

Just wanted to say thanks to all of you that cared yesterday and read my blog...and even if you didn't, you still cared by asking me what was wrong. It truly means a lot.

I had a lot on my plate, some of you knew since I talked to you privately about it, but I'm glad some of it got settled, because that means it's just gonna get better.

A lot of my friends left for college, as I'm sure has happened with many of you, so you all are my lifelines right now. No joke.

And then, after reading Raquel's and Becca's blogs, that really shows how much we are all family. That this one company can bring sooo many together in such little time.

To follow Raq's post, I'm happy to add my fellow friend on here that has helped me through a lot. And that is Kim...otherwise known as Shades :)

She's gonna hate me for complimenting her lol, but I just wanna say that I'm so glad she's helped me, and listened to my crap lots of the time when there's no one else. Especially the other day this week...which I was freaking out. She took initiative and told me it would all be okay.

Plus, I'm so proud of her and the screenplay. I know she worked hard at it and was very skeptical of it at first. She put herself out there, and that's really all you can do at a time like this. She's gonna do great :)

It's funny really, family can tell you something's going to be "ok" all they want, and we wont necessarily listen to them...but as soon as a close friend or confidante tells us things will be ok...we accept it more quickly.

Still puzzles me to this day, but I'm glad I have Kim AND the rest of you.

~A

4 Comments


  1. becca16 says:

    You've seen it too. Yay! The friendships formed have all been so amazing. I'm grateful every day for meeting all of you. Thanks for sharing your story too. We're really an unbreakable support system now. Awesome job Smalls.
    -Becca

    March 20, 2009 at 7:46 PM

  2. calina15 says:

    Thanks for sharing Amber! It was definitely an amazing thing to realize today, you all are such great friends and I am so thankful for you.

    I totally agree with hearing the words"its gonna be ok" from a friend. I think we expect it from family, but when I friend says it, it totally is different.
    You are amazing! SO glad that we are friends.

    -Raquel

    March 20, 2009 at 10:34 PM

  3. Kim says:

    *Hiding from compliment*

    But just know I will always be there if you need me to be.

    Kim

    March 20, 2009 at 11:16 PM

  4. Neera says:

    The friendships formed because of SGP is incredible. Granted, I'm usually more on the periphery than the rest of you guys are, it's great to see how close you all are becoming :-). Glad you had people there to help you!

    N~

    March 23, 2009 at 10:20 PM

Leave a Comment