Monday, March 9, 2009

Book Covers - kinda boring school project...and other stuff ;)

Posted in by Amber Rae | Edit
Hey everyone. So this past week at school, we were told to create some product of the sort. CD covers, posters, movie posters, video game and dvd covers, etc. Well I had already done most out of the few from that list, so I decided to create a book cover. For the longest time I couldn't figure out what I wanted to base it off of. Then one of my classmates knows I like One Tree Hill, so she suggested that I do 'An Unkindness of Ravens.' I thought it would be interesting since it's not a real piece of work. I worked on it for a few days and this is what I came up with. I used Peyton's art from season 1 since that was a really big deal, and I've always loved it. Of course I added the trees and Lucas's picture. The flaps aren't the right size because my teacher had us do something weird with it. Hope you like it. So once I was done with it, I still had time left to do another one. I love vampire books ever since I read Twilight, so I remember having a book called 'Evernight' which is by Claudia Gray. It's a great read. Anyway, I realized that the cover to that book is kinda simple and it doesnt really stand out other than the cover is blood red with a silhouette of a darker shade of red. So I decided to do that cover over again, and I found some interesting fonts that worked well with it and this is what I came up with. I chose the school crest because it adds to the school aspect of the story. Anyway, I hope you like them all. I had a lot of fun making them while I was lurking on the SoGoChat box lol. I realized I hadn't posted on my blog for a few days and couldn't figure out what to write, so here we are...a few days, and a few projects later. For our next project, we are supposed to find a comapny that isn't widely known, or that is barely starting out. And I'm sure you all know what company I'm going to do. If you dont...well its Southern Gothic. It should be really fun to expose the company to my classmates along with my teacher. I was speaking to Ali about it and I'm hoping the team will be up for just a few questions.

If you guys have any suggestions or anything, please feel free to let me know.

So not to get off on a tangent, but I'm currently making a video to the song "Hide and Seek" by Imogen Heap. I should be done sometime this week with it since I have school all the time and making sure more ignorant people dont leave ridiculous comments on the SoGo youtube site. Anyway, it should be fun to make and I will definitely let you all know when it's done ;)

I think I'm going to post more when I get home, but I just thought I'd share my creations with all of you.

Love you all,

Amber Rae

1 commentsBook Covers - kinda boring school project...and other stuff ;)


  1. Ali C says:

    Hey Amber

    Wow the cover of an unkindness of ravens is awesome... You got some mad talent hey..

    Love the blog.. very cool

    March 11, 2009 at 11:04 AM

Leave a Comment